Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Today was a good day for a short bike ride up to Shasta dam. This photo was taken at Vista Point, which overlooks Shasta dam. It is the highest point on the ride. The entire trip from my house all the way to the dam and back is about seven and one half miles.

This morning, I went to the gym. In addition to lifting some weights, I put in about 9 miles on the exercise bike. That, combined with my ride up to the dam, gives me a good amount of cardio today. 

The water level in Shasta Lake is continuing to rise. It was so low this past winter that bridges became exposed which had been under water ever since the lake was filled years ago. I mean, the water level was really low! It is good to see the water level coming up, considering that the state is in a drought right now. If we can get some more rain and snow soon, it would help even more.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home