Monday, November 24, 2008

Jiu Jitsu Day


Today began with jiu jitsu. Being a little too old, and definitely too crippled to roll with my students, it is still a pleasure to teach the techniques that I love so much. This morning was a good class too. Some students from outside the area showed up, as well as some of my earliest students in Shasta County. I still love jiu jitsu, and I miss being able to train at a high level. But, today was a good day.


We are looking forward to another successful year of competition. I am very proud of all of the gold medals we won last year, The Worlds, The Pan Ams, The First America Cup, and the U.S. Open, and am also equally proud of the silver and bronze medal winners. Everyone who competed last year is to be commended.

After class, I had lunch with my lovely wife and then went to physical therapy for about an hour. Came home and read part of "Patriarch," a biography of George Washington. After completing a tour of his house a month or so ago, it brings it all to life.


Tomorrow morning, up early for more jiu jitsu instruction, no gi. Going to bed now. 10:30 PM, past my bed time.

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2016 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous Chris Parsons said...

Hi John. I am learning about the history of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in N. Cal. Had no idea you existed. Everyone should know your history. Very honorable. To say the least. I shared this post on my Facebook timeline. Respect.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home